Easy as 1,2,3, these delicious pumpkin spiced chocolate chip cookies are super quick and tasty! When you only have three ingredients it can’t get much easier than that, but you won’t sacrifice on flavor!
We love serving these up in a pinch when I need a quick dessert that doesn’t take all day to put together and is a crowd favorite. Try these other quick 3 ingredient sweets. Easy 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies and 3 ingredient Brownies.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I almost feel like I’m cheating when I use this recipe, it’s so good and so quick and uncomplicated. Friends and family will love these and they’ll think you worked really hard to make them. Shhhhh! Don’t tell them just how easy these amazing cookies really are. The cake mix helps give the cookie a nice soft cake like texture that’s sure to please everyone. Pumpkin adds the moisture, and chocolate, well everything is just better with chocolate.
I love to use this recipe for when I’m short on time but need a dessert that is still going to wow! It’s got all the fall flavors everyone loves and all the simple-ness you’ll appreciate. I’d buy some cake mix to stock up, you’ll be making these a lot!
What you need for 3 Ingredient Cookies:
3 is all you need!
- Spice Cake Mix– Using a spice mix adds the spice you need without the hassle
- Canned Pumpkin– Make sure it’s not pumpkin pie filling
- Chocolate Chips- Chocolate is must in pumpkin cookies
Baking Pumpkin Cookies:
Making the cookies is as simple as the ingredients!
- Prep– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix– In a medium bowl mix the cake mix (just the powder) and pumpkin together till there are no more lumps. Stir in the Chocolate Chips.
- Bake– Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 min on sheet pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Tips and Variations:
Rich sweet chocolate is surrounded by soft tender spiced pumpkin baked to cookie perfection! Our secret ingredient that makes these so amazing and quick is that you use a cake mix!
- ADD INS– Substitute the Semi sweet chocolate chips for mini chocolate chips, milk or dark chocolate chips. Add in raisins, or nuts or oats for extra texture (about 1/2 cup).
- Cake Mix- Can’t find a spice cake mix you can use a white, yellow or vanilla cake mix. Add in 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice to add in that classic taste.
- Lumps- It can be hard to get the lumps out of the cake mix. Sift the cake mix before adding in the pumpkin to get rid of clumps.
- Egg- If you find your cookies are too dense you can add an egg to make it a bit lighter. It won’t be 3 ingredients anymore though. ?
- Bake– Do not undercook these cookies, as they cool they will become gummy, make sure the edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Storing Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies:
- Storage-These cookies will keep best lightly covered. If you store in an airtight container they will become sticky. Lightly cover and keep on your counter for up to 4 days. You can store them in the refrigerator to extend that time up to 8 days.
- Freeze– Completely cool the cookies and store in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter.
More Quick Cake Mix Recipes:
Using a cake mix in your cooking is quick way to add flavor and cut down on prep.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 cookies
These cookies are too delicious and easy not to make! When I discovered this recipe, it was a 2 ingredient cookie recipe.
15 ounce can
Spice Cake Mix
Preheat oven to 350°
Line baking sheet with parchment paper
Mix your pumpkin and cake mix together (unprepared, powder only) in a medium bowl until there are no more lumps. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges start to golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes on your baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
Frost if desired.
Updated on September 26, 2020
Originally Posted on November 4, 2012
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 47IU1%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.