Acne can be caused due to various factors – hormonal imbalance, use of comedogenic products, unhealthy dietary habits, lack of nutrients, PCOD, and the most basic one – not taking down all makeup at the end of the day. But what we all dread are acne scars that can leave stubborn marks that take weeks and months to fade away. To fade acne scars, home remedies work better than expensive creams and ointments. In this post, we list down some remedies to get rid of acne scars fast at home.
1. Fenugreek Seed Mask: All of us know that fenugreek seed paste is great to make hair healthy, but a paste made out of these seeds can help reduce acne scars and brighten up the skin. This paste can also soothe inflammation and acne breakouts. The regular use of methi seed face pack or methi seed soaked water along with your face-pack or toner can give you blemish-free skin in a short time with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
2. Raw Potatoes: Potatoes have an enzyme called “catecholase” which helps to reduce hyperpigmentation, brighten skin, reduce dark spots and acne scars. Potato is also rich in Vitamin C. It helps lighten dark spots and makes skin clear. It also acts as an anti-ageing ingredient and maintains skin’s health. Extract juice out of a medium-sized potato. Dip a clean towel in this juice and place it over the face and relax. Gently wipe face with normal water after 20 minutes.
3. Lemon and Honey: These two ingredients work amazingly well to tackle a lot of skincare woes including acne, congestion, and acne scars. Here’s a detailed post explaining how you can use lemon and honey to prepare a homemade mask.
4. Papaya and Honey Mask: Papaya has enzymes and antioxidants that lighten pigmentation and acne scars. Papaya also has bleaching properties, removing stubborn tan as well. Mix 2 tbsp of papaya puree with 1 tbsp of honey and apply all over the face and neck. Do this twice and thrice a week to see visible results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey: Apple cider vinegar controls breakouts and pimples and fades away acne scars, but it is important to dilute it up water because it is highly acidic. Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in 1/4th cup of water and mix 1 tbsp of honey. Take a cotton ball and dab it all over the scars and breakouts. With regular use, you would be able to see good difference in the appearance of scars.
6. Turmeric and Aloe Vera: From hyperpigmentation to congestion, this mask with 2 tbsp of aloe vera and just a pinch of turmeric can clear up scars and clear tan as well.
7. Vitamin E and Olive Oil: Vitamin E on its own can heal acne scars, but combining it with olive oil will fasten up the process of healing and repair.
8. Milk and Tomato Mask: Milk is rich in lactic acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid that works really well in clearing scars, blemishes and pigmentation. Along with tomato, which is also a natural bleaching agent, rich in vitamin C, milk can help fade blemishes and pigmentation from acne scars rather quickly.
Rose Water, Lemon and Honey Pack for Pimples
How to Use Potato Juice and Lemon Juice for Dark Spots