If you have been dilly dallying the idea of shedding extra pounds for long, now is the right time because summertime is the best time to lose weight since those lazy wintery days where we craved for high-calorie comforting food (gajar ka halwa and ghee-laced parathas for example) are far behind us. During summers, our appetite decreases, we tend to drink more water, digestion happens at a slower pace and therefore there are fewer hunger pangs, also it is easier to sweat out all extra calories – all of these factors working in our favor if we make that resolve to lose weight. While the mercury rises, it is also the right season to melt off extra layers of fat because metabolism is comparatively higher than during winters, and the extra vitamin D helps accelerate the fat-burning process. Summer also makes available plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, and local produce and you take a never-before-liking for salads. Also, since you would be wearing those cute summer dresses, it’s better to start working on yourself now. So, in this post, we list down 9 ways to make losing weight during summertime easier.
1. Start Following a Healthy Diet: Without a proper diet in place, weight loss can be a hard target to achieve. A weight loss diet should encourage you to eat the right kind of food, in the right quantity to melt away those extra layers so that you can fit into those cute floral summery dresses soon. Find such diets on the Rati Beauty app because diets on this app do not encourage you to eat less, they promote healthy eating and weight loss by eating the right kind of food. Download the app on your phone for more details.
2. Avoid Sugary Beverages and Soft Drinks: We agree the excessive heat and humidity makes chilled soft drinks and sugary beverages irresistible, but make no mistake, these beverages are loaded with sugar and empty calories and can literally throw “water” over your weight loss goals. Instead, make chaach, spiced buttermilk, and lemonades at home using natural sweeteners like stevia. Additionally, whipping up a sattu sharbat will not only keep you cool, it will also accelerate the fat-burning process as well.
3. Switch Ice Creams and Frozen Desserts with Yogurt: Just like soft drinks, ice creams and frozen desserts have hundreds of calories in a relatively smaller quantity and sugar, which will destabilize your fat-burning progress. Switch to Greek yogurt to get the goodness of probiotics and top it with fresh fruits to get antioxidant and lots of nutrients as well.
4. Drink More Water: Needless to mention, keep yourself hydrated with water (don’t stop at 8 glasses), lemonades and also coconut water to replenish electrolytes lost through excessive sweating. Interestingly, the potassium content in one coconut equals to that of 15 energy drinks! So, keep away that energy drink and pick up coconut water instead.
5. Fill Half of your Plate with Vegetables: Vegetables, barring a few exceptions, are extremely low in calories and considered one of the most-filling foods. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. Though healthy foods should be taken in limited amount, fresh vegetables are an exception, which you can eat as much as you can and rarely get into a calorie surplus! Try getting up to 2 to 3 servings of vegetables each day and the best way to do that is to fill half of your plate with vegetables, the greener – the better.
6. Pick Healthy Snacks: Instead of high-calorie, high-fat snacks, pick healthy snacks like low-fat yogurt, cheese, fruit, low-fat milk, smoothies, and veggies to snack on. Find healthy snack options the Rati Beauty app.
7. Squeeze out Time for Workout: You can supplement weight loss diet and burn extra calories by working out those muscles. Stretching, yoga, walking, HIIT (high intensity interval training), functional training – do take out at least 40 minutes from your day to shave off extra calories.
8. Be on your Feet: Being active through long summer days gives you a chance to burn more calories, so stay active through the day, doing these NEAT activities.
9. Making Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Adopting healthy lifestyle habits help not only to lose weight but also to sustain the weight loss. When you make lifestyle habits, you would not only look better, you would feel better, so do check out “17 Small Lifestyle Habits That Will Help you with Weight Loss.”
9 Interesting Ways to Eat More Vegetables for Weight Loss
17 Small Lifestyle Habits That Will Help you with Weight Loss