Losing weight ain’t that easy and it doesn’t come packed in a fat-burning pill. Also, eating a lot of a particular healthy food that claims to have weight loss properties won’t help either. It’s a combination of healthy diet along with regular physical activity that is most effective, and following diet plans on Rati Beauty app helps to create calorie deficit and lose weight the right way and safely too. Weight loss is a process, but if you are not finding any success even after counting every single calorie, these 5 things are probably making the journey hard for you.
1. Giving Exercise More Importance over Diet: Often, people deduce that more exercise means faster weight loss. They eat less and workout more and after a point, metabolism slumps due to lack of energy and nutrients. From that point, it becomes shedding extra pounds becomes a struggle because there’s not much energy to sustain strenuous exercise. Ideally, maintain this ratio – 80% diet and 20% exercise, to see big results. Consume fewer calories through diet but do not compromise on nutrition either. Of course, you can burn calories through exercise (up to 500 calories with high intensity strenuous workouts), but it’s much easier to slash calories from junk food. For example, if you are trying to cut 500 calories per day, you can cut 300 or more by dieting and burn the 200 from exercise. Not undermining the benefits of exercise – it helps to boost metabolism, develop muscles, and tone the whole body, which would not happen with diet alone, so do make it a point to maintain a balance between two.
2. Counting Calories From all Food Sources Equal: In the “less calories in vs more calories out” game, do not forget to weed out empty calories and retain nutrient-dense food. Treating all calories as equal is a big mistake. In effect, minimize empty calories and maximize nutrient-dense food. Do keep in mind that nutrients are required to maintain a robust metabolism, for fat burning to happen, and to avoid nutrient deficiencies.
3. Overeating Over-hyped Food: Energy bars, granola, smoothies, cold pressed juices are marketed as healthy, but overeating any kind of food (healthy, junk food all included) will upset your weight loss goals. Always watch portions and eat food within the daily calorie limit. Also read: “9 Simple Dietary Changes That Boost Weight Loss.”
4. Not Making Lifestyle Changes Along the Way: Experts talk about adopting positive lifestyle habits not only to lose weight but also to maintain the results achieved. When you make these lifestyle habits, you would not only look better, you would feel better, and there would be lesser chances of failure. Most importantly, it’s easier to incorporate these lifestyle habits into daily routine and get maximum results – start with cooking more meals at home and eating out less, drinking at least 2 liters of water per day, getting more active and that means saying no to sedentary lifestyle, eating slowly and in peace, maintaining a good sleep routine and getting 7 hours of sleep each night, quit smoking and cut down alcohol consumption, and most importantly, find ways to reduce stress.
5. Consuming a Lot of Liquid Calories: Experts do recommend a good portion of vegetables and fruits as part of a healthy diet, but drinking only fruit juices in order to lose weight may actually not work. People often consider going on a “fruit juice only” diet the fastest way to burn fat, but with the lack of other macronutrients like protein and fiber which may you feel full for longer, boost metabolism, keep appetite in check, and help oodles of weight. Do check the Speed Slim challenge starting on January 9th, 2023 to lose up to 10 kg in 6 weeks.
Summing up, you would reach your goals once you start on a good diet and become more physically active, and eat within the calorie limit.
9 Simple Dietary Changes That Boost Weight Loss
How To Lose Weight Living a Sedentary Lifestyle