We all know by now that it’s quite impossible to lose weight without dieting and instead of following some crazy fad diet to drop those extra kilos to look lean and fit for an upcoming special occasion, wedding or an event, it would be prudent to check out the Rati Beauty diet and the speed slim program to do so. A lot of people shun the idea of dieting to lose weight because they think it is majorly about staying away from food and starving through the day. Not to mention, doing so will do little for weight loss and there are a lot of side effects associated with crash dieting – including headaches, nausea, fatigue and the absurd, not to mention dull skin and hair loss. It is not uncommon to hear that someone fainted or had other side effects by following the wrong kind of diet. We should not exert insane amount of pressure on our body to achieve a certain target weight or to get lean quickly, it has to be a healthy process. Meanwhile, in this post, we list down 12 Things Not To Do For Weight Loss.
1. Never Starve To Lose Weight: Our body needs adequate nourishment on an everyday basis, even when trying to lose weight. Starvation or food deprivation diets promote extreme slashing of calories, where the body’s nutrient requirements are not met, and as a result – fatigue, exhaustion, dehydration, dull skin, hair fall, are common outcomes. When you eat right, in the right quantity, you would lose weight without compromising on nutrition or health – and it can happen on the Rati Beauty Diet. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Don’t Look For Fat-Free Tag in Every Food: Don’t get rid of all fat from the diet and pick everything low fat and fat free! In fact, to lose weight and to lead a healthy life in general, you should consume the recommended intake of “good fat.” When fat content is ripped from food, it usually makes it bland and tasteless and to appeal to the tastebuds of consumers, companies add a lot of sugar, salt, emulsifiers, and a lot of unhealthy calories. Such a tendency defeats the whole purpose where one is actually going “low fat” to lose weight. We need good fats for the absorption of certain essential vitamins which are all needed for good health and weight loss in general. Fat is needed to help build cellular membranes and in the production of hormones. If there is an imbalance in hormones, disorders such as PCOD and hypothyroidism will make it much more difficult to lose weight. Avocado, chia seeds, coconut oil, ghee, olive oil are some great sources to get your daily fat from.
3. Never Over-Exert: Never ever strain yourself excessively (physically) in order to reduce weight faster. In fact, you have to be really careful if you are starting or changing a workout plan. Working out without supervision for a stretch of 1.5 or 2 or more hours will obviously put immense strain on your body and lead to burnout. Be consistent with workouts, don’t overexert, in fact, there’s no need to workout every single day of the week, just 4 to 5 days is enough to burn calories.
4. Don’t Fall For Fat-Burning Pills and Powders: Fat-cutter medicines and slim-down teas that are heavily advertised and claim to melt away fat are largely gimmicky. They are not a healthy way to lose weight and come with many side effects. Weight loss is a gradual process which includes proper diet and exercising and cannot be fast-forwarded with the help of any chemicals and pills, without affecting your health in some way or the other.
5. Seeking Liposuction or Other Surgical Procedures: Liposuction can get botched up at times, leading to various infections or other critical conditions at other times. Don’t go for all the surgical procedure or removal or enhancements. You are great just as you are.
6. Resort To Master Cleanse Diet: Although a few celebrities have made this diet popular, health experts consider it as a gimmicky diet. It involves drinking lots of salt water and up to 12 glasses of lemonade, allowing some herbal teas, banning all other forms of solid food. The time period of this kind of a diet is anywhere from 10 days to up to a maximum of 40 days. Nutritionists and health experts completely oppose this kind of a method to lose weight because it cuts out all essential nutrients and is based on the concept of deprivation. As a result, once the master cleanse routine is over, all the lost weight bounces back.
7. Do Not Blindly Join Weight Loss Clinics: Do not join any place or institution, blindly believing in their “hard-to-believe” claims. There can be many side effects with losing weight without a nutrient-dense weight loss diet and exercise. Why take the risk? With proper diet and workout regime, weight loss is easier to achieve, don’t fall for gimmicky claims.
8. Counting Calories, Not Counting Nutrition: Though calories from a slice of pizza and a bowl of whole grains may carry the same amount of calories, they do not provide the same amount of nutrition. You would get unhealthy fats, high sodium from that slice of pizza, you may get vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, etc., from the bowl of salad which would help make the metabolism high and boost weight loss.
9. Overeating Healthy Food: Healthy food does a great deal of benefit for overall health and to boost weight loss, but at the end, they still do have calories that add up and create calorie surplus, leading to weight gain. Practice portion control even while eating healthy food. Follow the diet programs on Rati Beauty app to find out different ways to practice portion control.
10. Don’t Get Tricked By Food Labels That Say “Diet” and “Sugar Free”: Companies are now selling their products with the tag “diet”, “sugar free” to health-conscious consumers. A look at the ingredients list will reveal whether these food items are actually diet friendly on not. Some diet-friendly foods have hidden calories, increase sugar cravings, and can cause weight gain. Give more importance to the details at the back of the packaging because it carries all minute details and complete ingredients list. Also, the tag “natural” does not mean the product is 100% natural, it may be processed and even ultra processed. Sugar-free may not actually be sugar free, chemicals might have been added to sweeten the product. When trying to get fit and healthy, it’s important to read labels and ingredients of every packaged food.
11. Not Getting Enough Rest or Sleep: Being sleep deprived would not only prevent you from losing weight, it can cause belly fat (9 Hacks to Burn Belly Fat in Sleep) to build up within a few days. Giving the body enough rest, sleeping for 7 hours straight can do wonders if you are trying to lose weight because it improves metabolism, balances out appetite-regulating hormones like ghrelin and leptin, and reduces the level of stress hormone cortisol (also a major reason behind weight gain). Never compromise on the quality and number of sleeping hours for a healthy body and mind.
12. Switching Entirely To Liquid Diet: Planning on replacing all meals with green juice, fruit juices, and meal replacement powders? Nope, it wouldn’t help burn fat because juices and liquid diet lack one essential nutrient required for weight loss – fiber. It’s a nutrient that helps to slow down the digestion process, keeps you full for longer, regulate blood sugar levels, plus soluble fiber is needed for proper functioning of healthy gut bacteria, which may otherwise cause constipation, bloating, and other such digestive issues. So, eat healthy meals, not liquids.
Summing up, eat a healthy diet and workout moderately. It is important to stay healthy but even more important to love your body. Work patiently and dedicatedly in a healthy way and surely you will reach your target.
15 Most Effective Fat Burning Foods To Eat in 2022
9 Hacks to Burn Belly Fat in Sleep