Here’s two weight loss truths you need to absolutely hear – weight loss should not be a costly affair and fat-burning cannot be triggered by amping up exotic ingredients. There’s no doubt that avocado, kale, acai berries all have amazing benefits for overall health as well, but your kitchen is a treasure trove of weight-loss friendly foods, you just have to look closely. Also, you need not arduously put together salads with complicated ingredients; simple foods are most effective when it comes to weight loss. So, explore and raid your kitchen right now for these weight-loss friendly ingredients.
1. Cinnamon: It’s a spice that’s easily available in every Indian kitchen, irrespective of the cuisine or region. Cinnamon has medicinal benefits as well, is an anti-inflammatory ingredient, and stabilizes blood sugar. Add it to your regular cup of tea or sprinkle over oats, and reap the benefits of this metabolism-boosting spice.
2. Peanuts: A study done majorly by Texas Tech University found that people who had 35 gm of roasted/lightly salted peanuts before main meals had weight loss and better fasting glucose levels. Peanuts are a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats, and all three of them help incinerate fat burning in the body.
3. Chickpeas: Everyone loves to gorge on chole! Chickpeas or chole have protein, fiber, and give your body ample nutrition. What’s more, they keep you full for longer so that you do not reach out for snacks often. Chickpeas are also a good source of vitamin B6, and folate that boost metabolism and essential minerals like potassium, calcium, and selenium. In one cup of chickpeas (125 gm), you get around 210 calories, fat 3.8 gm, complex carbs 35 gm, fiber 9.6, and protein of 10.7 gm. All this nutrition makes it a wholesome food, so don’t forget to include chickpeas quite a few times during the week.
4. Turmeric: Another indispensable part of Indian curries, turmeric, has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Curcumin, the compound found in turmeric, also prevents further weight gain.
5. Eggs: It’s considered as an wholesome food with so many nutrients packed together in one egg. There are approximately 75 calories with up to 7 gm of protein, 5 gm of fat, 1.6 gm of fat and a host of other minerals, vitamins, lutein, carotenoids, etc. If you are eating just two eggs each day, don’t skip on the egg yolk, they pack the most punch.
6. Olive Oil: Rich in heart-friendly monosaturated fatty acids (MUFA), this very category of fats also help to stabilize blood sugar and boost fat burning.
7. Yogurt or Curd: Made through fermentation process, rich in probiotics, it keeps the gut bacteria happy. But research says the high calcium content aids in fat burning and prevent further weight gain.
8. Pistachios: Has healthy fats and also low in calories, boosts metabolism, keeps you fuller for longer, curbs appetite and cravings, and a handful is all you need to reap its benefits. Also read: “8 Weight-Loss Friendly Nuts.”
9. Makhana: Makhana is a healthy snack. Makhana or puffed up lotus seeds, are low in calories and are a good source of protein. Makhanas are also rich in iron and you can dry roast them without any oil with a sprinkling of pepper powder to help with weight loss.
10. Coffee: Caffeine content in coffee boosts metabolism, accelerates fat burning, and promotes weight loss, but do make sure, to have it black with no added sugar.
Summing up, it’s through a healthy diet, exercise, and getting into a calorie deficit that will get to your desired goal weight. Rati Beauty diet, for example, helps you lose weight from eating the right kind of food, your skin would glow and hair would become healthy.
8 Weight-Loss Friendly Nuts
12 Weight Loss Foods that Actually Make you Fat