Belly fat is often considered as “stubborn fat” because it takes forever to melt away! In the current situation, a lot of people have been noticing that the buttons on their pants have started practicing social distancing from each other, with an expanding waistline. The quarantine life with limited movement, increased stress level, and unhealthy eating practices have led to unavoidable weight gain for a majority of people out there, and most of it is concentrated around the belly area. We would particularly draw your attention towards high stress level adding more fat around the tummy because when high insulin (due to wrong eating habits) and cortisol (stress hormone) are pumped out together, an enzyme called lipoprotein lipase is created, which encourages storage of fat in the belly area. The strange thing with belly fat is that no matter what you eat and how much you exercise, the fat in this area refuses to budge unless you follow the correct methods to oust it. In this post, we suggest employing the correct methods to banish belly fat earned during the quarantine period. Since staying home is staying safe in the current scenario, let’s look at practical ways to reduce belly fat while you are staying at home. So, let’s get started:
1. Get Started on the Right Weight Loss Diet: Since losing weight is all about eating the right kind of food, in the right quantity, you should choose a diet program such as on the Rati Beauty app, to burn excess fat to get lighter and fitter. The weight loss diets on this app encourages you to eat nutrient-dense foods that have loads of vitamins, protein, minerals and other essential nutrients, all capsuled in fewer calories. Download the app on your phone for more details.
2. Ab Exercises: Though abs are made in the kitchen, doing certain ab exercises can help define them. Lack of exercise is one of the major reasons why belly fat doesn’t budge. Check out “5 Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat and Define Your Waist at Home.”
3. Find Ways to De-Stress: As we have mentioned previously, stress plays an important role in deciding whether your tummy fat should stay or go! Read about “10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.”
4. Practice NEAT activities: We would have recommended taking 10,000 and more steps to burn significant calories in a day, but since venturing outside is not a good idea currently, do practice NEAT activities that help burn calories throughout the day. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight.
5. Do Sleep for 7 Hours: There’s a strong link between less hours of sleep (7 hours and less) with weight gain and the inability to shed extra pounds. Once you give your body gets enough time to rest, it resets metabolism to a higher degree, will cooperate with your efforts at losing weight by lowering stress hormone, increasing fat-burning enzymes and hormones. Try it for yourself!
6. Swap Packaged Beverages and Juices with Plain Water: You would be surprised at how many calories you can cut by swapping packaged beverages and soft drinks with plain water. As we all know, water is a zero calorie option when compared to sweetened drinks that have loads of empty calories.
7. Portion Control: Controlling food portions is essential to get into a calorie deficit to burn fat. If you are clueless about how to portion control, read about “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
8. Stock your Refrigerator with Weight-Loss Friendly Food: Replace all processed and high-calorie food in your refrigerator with these “12 Fridge Staples That Will Help you Slim Down.”
9. Include These Leafy Greens in your Diet: Green leafy vegetables are probably one of the most weight-loss friendly veggies in the world. Also, one of the most effective weight loss tips to feel fuller and maintain a calorie deficit, is to fill half of your plate with veggies, and if those vegetables are green leafy things, there’s nothing like it! People who are trying to lose weight, here’s a list of “14 Best Leafy Green Vegetables to Boost Weight Loss.”
10. Switch Refined Carbs with Whole Grains: Food items such as sugar, candies, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. have refined carbs that spike insulin levels and have loads of calories that quickly add up and get stored as fat in cells. On the other hand, complex carbs such as legumes, whole grains, vegetables, have comparatively lower glycemic index, get slowly digested, are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and help with weight loss. For losing weight, it’s important that you eat the right kind of carbs, all of them are included in the diets on Rati Beauty app.
Goes without saying, quit smoking and go completely off alcohol to accelerate the whole process.
10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight
30 Tiny Changes That Can Result in Big Weight Loss Gains